How to Say Goodbye

7:32 PM




Well this is it.
Bags are packed, clothing is stored, lunches have been had, goodbyes have been said.
Goodbyes are one of the hardest things about exchanges. How do you sum up a lifetime's worth of memories and value of someone in a hug? Or if it's someone really special, a letter or a picture, or a prayer?
You don't. You can't. It's near impossible and to me, goodbye means a promise for memories later to come. It's not an end, it's a beginning. Yes, friendships will be put to the test, and yes, it won't be easy, but if the friend/ teacher/ boy or girl friend is someone that's really special, it will be worth it. The goodbye path is a rocky one, with swerves and misleading signs, but it, like every path, will get you where you need to be. 
Right now, the car is in the driveway filled with my luggage, and my family. I leave today, for DC orientations and then ultimately to Malaysia. So this is my final farewell to a town that's treated me well for 15 years.
Goodbye New York, goodbye.


Friends

Dancerss

Miss Ali and Sabrina

Miss Anne

my girls

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images

Subscribe