Salutations

4:45 AM


So Friday, the thirteenth, no longer ever associated with bad luck by me, I received a voicemail from my mother saying this:
HANNAH check your e-mail, you've been chosen as a finalist for Malaysia!
And then I screamed, almost causing a car crash..... but it's all good.
And then when I checked my e-mail I received one of these:
And  then  I think I stopped breathing.
I GOT ACCEPTED TO GO TO MALAYSIA. 
I am one of 55 high-schoolers in the entire United States to receive a scholarship with the Kennedy-Lugar YES Abroad Program to spend an entire year in a country with a high Muslim population. Beyond excited. I will be hosted around the city of Kuala Lumpur, with five other YES  Abroad students- Ari, Colin, Rachael, Kaila, and Jimmy. 
I have my first official conference call (tres fancy) on Wednesday night. This is starting to feel so real!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Flickr Images

Subscribe